Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm still here!

I haven't posted in three months.....probably because I haven't knitted anything in that time.  Spring is a busy time for us here with 20 acres of land, of which we mow about 5, there is lots to keep me busy.

The really hot weather will be here soon so plenty of time for knitting when I am holed up inside with the air conditioning blasting.

I have just ordered some more KR7 patterns on ebay from the UK.  The Men's set this time.

Also, there was an LC2 lace carriage on ebay for auction.  It was due to end at 8am my time and I was ready to bid at the last minute.  Overnight it had doubled in price.  With a few minutes to go it was now at $102.50.  It looked immaculate but it was missing the weights, lace punchcards, the pins and a manual.

I had the manual as it is in the back of my SK700 manual.  I have wide weights, I located the patterns for the cards and I could get the pins from my Hong Kong Store so I was set to bid.

I was going to wait until the very last second and try to be the final bidder.  I had $112.75 typed in ready to press the bid button.

But I was gazumped.  Someone came in at $152.50 and I wasn't prepared to go higher.

Oh well, there's always another day!

I also found an absolute gem of a site where I found some amazing patterns and manuals.

The best thing was how to adjust my ribber and how it should be.  I think mine is set too low but now I know exactly how it should be so I can adjust it.  I also found my missing pattern manual for my SK700.

This is the site:

http://www.aboutknittingmachines.com/aboutknittingmachines.html

I will add it to my homepage too.

Now to get back to knitting.

Happy Mother's Day (in N.America) and Have a great Sunday to everyone else.


4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Maureen! I must admit I have not blogged much in a while. I got knitting for a designer and hardly had time to knit my own things. It will be nice to get knitting on my new machine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do wish we had gotten to the knitting machine. i have been so interested in it...would love to see it in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll just have to make another visit then lol. I wished we had had more time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my sister has already volunteered to watch Mitch again so i can take another trip *S*

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.