Tuesday, December 17, 2013

An update on the SK 155 and the LC2 lace carriage

Writing this while my husband is getting his second chemo treatment. Thankfully he doesn't have cancer but he does have a nasty autoimmune disease and this treatment has had some good results in slowing this type of disease down.
The other parts for the lace carriage arrived but I just haven't had the time to resume the repairs. After Christmas I am hoping for some respite to get on and do it. It has been a very busy month or so with a lot of time spent at the hospital.
The insurance claim for the damaged Sk155 was settled but I still haven't received a cheque yet. But I am sure I will get it eventually. I can get the ends of the top cover and try and get some of the bumps out of it. I will not buy a new cover as it is not my intent to sell it anytime soon. At least the cover will be functional.
I also got the left RC lever base and lever for it that was missing. It is the left one used to operate a knit radar. As yet I do not have one for it but at least the carriage will be complete.
I have a question. Does anyone know if you can use double knitting yarn on a standard machine with a ribber to do ribbing by using fewer needles?
I would like to get a ribber for the SK155 but they are hard to come by. I got the brainwave that I might be able to do the rib on the standard and transfer it to the SK155 but not sure if it would work. Any input would be much appreciated. I do have a garter bar so I could transfer the stitches from one to the other.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!, the cheque arrived today. They settled on the cost of the machine and the postage. The cheque came from the shipping store and not Fedex so although I am doing a happy dance I will not celebrate fully until it clears through my bank.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.