Saturday, September 26, 2015

A little bit more crocheting, a visit to the doctors and a Maggie update

It's been another busy week with Maggie.  I want to document more about her but this is my 'making things' blog so I am going to encroach on Boris's blog for a while to do it. I am sure people reading this one aren't really interested in Maggie's exploits even though she is the cutest thing in the whole wide world!



For the past six months the arthritis has gotten a lot worse, to the point of really debilitating.  My husband is the one with autoimmune disease which attacks his muscles and nerves and is limited to what he can do but it had become so bad with me that he was actually more active than I was.

My annual appointment with the doctor was due so I went to see her and told her my tale of woe. She said as this summer had been so humid people like me were really suffering.  Shr renewed my blood pressure medication, added a diuretic as my legs had been swelling a lot more than usual and gave me a weeks supply of steroids.  She said they would help a lot with the arthritis.  Well, I am on my second day of taking them and I already see an improvement which is great.

As for my hobbies, I am half way through Granny square 8.

I plead getting the new puppy, helping my husband with his project and arthritis as my excuse for lack of making things and am hoping things will settle down and I can get a bit more done soon.

4 comments:

  1. Arthritis is a real bummer, I have i some of my fingers and when its cold I really have problems, never mind we must toil on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we must, I have had it for years, all from the waist down. This is the worst it's been though. Darned humidity here!

      Delete
  2. If Maggie is your beautiful excuse I would stick with her...she is a blessing for you all and that face..bless her. Have you tired one dab on tea tree oil on her tail, just one with cotton wool, my boy gets tempted to chew and he hates it and stops. Xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, I have some somewhere, I will look it out and give it a try. You have some great ideas, thank you.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.