The past few weeks have been busy. Three hospital appointments with my husband which are all day happenings, outside work on the land including mowing, fertilizing, spreading seed, some re-organising of the workshop, shopping and general house wife type things.
It felt like I hadn't done any craft work though because I haven't been up to my sewing room in forever but that really isn't the case.
We made a sheath for my husband's new Damascus steel knife so he can wear it on his belt or inside his boot when he is outside working. Leather work is something we can do together. It gets interesting at times as we both think we know better than the other but it's all good natured and between us we get the job done.
We usually sit down after evening meal and watch TV for a couple of hours and my fingers were itching for something to do while doing this. I have embarked on a crochet blanket made with 12" x 12" granny squares. I started about 10 days ago and have four made and another is nearly finished. We don't watch TV every single night and sometimes it's only an hour but I am enjoying the simple task of making these squares a lot.
I have quite a lot of the beige yarn so will make as many as I can with it. The yellow and brown not so much of hence the small areas in those colours. After these are all used up I will decide what other colours to buy.
I have also been trying to keep up with the blogs I follow as I so enjoy reading them.
Thats a lovely bit of leather work, how lovely that you can both do a hobby together and make such beautiful things :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Dawn. It is nice we have a joint hobby as we also have a lot of individual pastimes. This gives us a chance co-ordinate our thought patterns.
Delete