First of all I purchased a 32 piece set of sewing feet from Amazon. It was my Mother's day present. I have looked at these for a long time but kept putting it off as being frivolous as I probably would only use some of them occasionally.
Well I looked again on Amazon and the had a set for less than $22. There were more expensive ones but I took a gamble on these and they were available on Prime so 2 day shipping at no extra cost.
I can say that I am very impressed with the quality of them and have had fun trying some of them out on my newer Singer sewing machine. This machine came with the easy change thingy for the feet.
My older Singer has an easy change thingy too but it is different so I have ordered one for it that will take these feet too. This was the princely sum of just over $2 from Amazon but it is winging it's way from China. Free shipping too but of course, a lot longer to get here.
(The description of the feet is on the bottom of the box so I just took a copy of it so I don't have to keep turning the box upside down to see what's what).
I love my older machine, it sews so nicely so I will be happy to be able to use these feet on it.
My newer machine has a few quirks when doing plain sewing and I can't seem to sew nearly so well with it. It tends to move the fabric left. But when doing the fancy stitches it is great. So happy that I have both machines set up to use and can do all I need to with them. #3 machine is sitting in it's case awaiting a turn and I will get it out and give it a run soon.
I have done a few more repair jobs on the machine, JET seems to be getting a lot of holes and splits in his working clothes lately. I expect we should replace them instead of keep patching them up but where is the fun in that eh?
I also made another Christmas tree ornament and have been working on my crochet blanket.
I am joining all the squares up now.
You would think this would be simple, and it is, until I find a square that isn't quite correct and doesn't match up. So I have had to unpick a couple and re do them out of the twelve I have joined up so far and that takes more time.
Eventually it will be all sewn together. Then I will wash it and see how much it grows before I do any more to it. If it needs to be bigger i think I will just add a continuous border around it until it gets to the size I want.
I have that set as well its great and a lot cheaper than buying individual ones, I have a dog bed to repair on my list, I took the cover off Sol's the other day to wash it and the the inner pad was torn to shreds were he scratches it up to get comfy :-)
ReplyDeleteI was pretty amazed at how good these feet are. How on earth can 32 different sewing feet (and some are pretty complex) get from China to my door for less than $22?
DeleteA lot of my haberdashery bits and tools come from china for pennies, I got some lovely hair clasps the other day from Amazon in the shape of vintage scissors there was 2 gold and 2 silver in the pack, free delivery cost me 75p I think that is about $1
DeleteMy Janome QC came with a great selection of feet and the others are all set up for a particular task. I have seen the sets of feet and itched to get one but feel it would just not get used. I save repairs up till I have a good pile and then plough my way through them.
ReplyDeleteMy newer Singer only came with a couple of different feet so that's why I decided to buy them. If nothing else I have had my money's worth in sheer enjoyment trying them out.
DeleteHi Maureen. Last year I bought a little Brother machine that didn't come with a wallking foot so I bought an assortment of feet similar to what you did and I am totally happy with them. My Brother is not nearly the machine my Viking is, but it serves the purpose that I bought it for.
ReplyDeleteI am taking Kathy Shaw's free online Tranditional Quilt class. Hopefully I will learn the trick to matching whatever needs to be matched in quilting. In the pass I made clothes ..extensively and matching there was never a problem. Hopefully I'll love this, but if nothing else I'll learn something new.
Take good care. Enjoy you feet!!
xx, Carol
I have only tried my hand at quilt making once, last year, and it was a very basic baby quilt. I blogged about it, it took 15 sessions to complete lol. I will need to have a lot more spare time before I venture into anything bigger than that.
DeleteZowy - you scored, didn't you?
ReplyDeletexxx
Yes I did! Money well spent if only for the enjoyment of trying them all.
Delete