Saturday, March 24, 2018

Bloggers and blogging

I have been a little disappointed to hear that a few of the bloggers whose blogs I read have had negative comments about their blogs and I fully understand how they must have been hurt and upset.  Why do people make nasty comments?  Can't they just move on and read a different blog.

To me it's like complaining about a certain TV program.  You don't have to watch it if you don't like it, just switch to another channel.

I am not a prolific poster but I do enjoy reading other folk's.  If there has been any I didn't like I just stopped looking at them. I am not much of a commenter either but once in a while I do.

We all have our own reasons for blogging, mine is to keep a sort of diary I can look back on.  I don't have many people read my blog and that is fine, I started it for me.  I do appreciate any one who comments though.

I hope those bloggers who were subject to the nasty comments keep on posting as I do so enjoy reading about their adventures and daily activities.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Geez. I haven't seen any nasty comments on the blogs I read. Usually that occurs when people voice their political opinion. I try to keep my politics out of MY blog, but do comment on those posts I agree with. Mostly i blog because I like the connection with other bloggers who have the same interests as I do. But I like a personal touch in their posts as well...much as the post you make. Thanks for continuing to post.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I was afraid you had checked back and didn't find a reply. So glad you found that apron pattern. I really like it too. The size I made was the medium. I sell aprons at craft shows and some on my blog store too, so I probably need to make some size large.

    I'll be back to read more on your blog. I agree with a lot you've posted. Oh, and I did the same thing...found a bunch of "comments awaiting moderation"! I didn't even know there was such a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that society mirrors nature and in this case that is certainly true, we know that just as the moth is drawn to the flame, that the ugliest of creatures are drawn to the brightest of lights. With any degree of success the trolls come out of the woodwork to play. I've been blogging a good few years now and haven't had any issues but I imagine that if the blog was bigger I would probably be knee deep in miscreants! haha

    I hope you have a fantastic Easter, dont let the negativity of others lower your own vibrations :)

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.