Thursday, October 10, 2019

Traumatised

It has been a roller coaster ride since my last post.  On the day we had set for taking the house off the market we got an offer.  We had reduced the price of the house and they knocked it down a bit more.  On the strength of their offer and their timing we put an offer in on a house much nearer to the VA hospital which was accepted with a contingency that our house closed on the 16th of this month.

They have not got their finance sorted yet which means it won't close for another 5 or 6 weeks at the earliest even if they do.  That seems doubtful right now.  So we will have to forfeit the house we have an offer on.

It is a horrible time, we are half packed, in a state of limbo and I am close to breaking point.

2 comments:

  1. Don't break. Chin up!! Go with the sale to see if it flies. You'll find another house when your buyer is firm. If not, well, the buyers are usually looking after the holidays so I am sure all the pieces will fall together. Please relax and don't stress. It doesn't help.

    Our lives revolve around our medical care and are lucky that the closest VA clinic is withing 1/2 hour away..even closer. We'd love to see our great grands but 2600 miles away from our healthcare is just too scary. I too fear at some point we won't be able to do what is necessary to maintain our home. I do understand what your stresses are.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry things aren't working out as well as hoped. Buying/moving houses is a really stressful time. Try not to worry too much. I know that words don't really help, but I'll be hoping things work out.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.