Things have been a tad hectic here. My husband is not doing too well and is in dire need of some treatment, either plasmatheresis or an infusion of the drug that kills off his immune system. (His immune system attacks his central nervous system and kills of his nerves). Neither option is good as it involves travel and hospitals which increases his and my risk of exposure to Covid 19. But he has to get something done or he will deteriorate to the point that he will not be able to recover what he is losing. I expect that has already happened and even with the treatment he will not recover much but further deterioration should stop for a while.
He has been working on getting his studio set up some more but has had horrendous computer problems which has not helped at all. I try to help as much as I am able but as he says "Mercury must be in retrograde." I think that is his catch all phrase when he gets computer problems lol.
I have emailed his neurologist again and asked him to set up asap some treatment for him, hope we hear back soon.
We are still in the dog days of summer here, I hope it starts to cool down in a few weeks so I can get outside more.
That all said, time is flying by. My knee is fine, I am really happy how it has turned out.
I am still knitting the baby hoodie. Back, front and sleeves are done and I am working on the hood now. No rush as it is for age 6-12 months.
I have the urge to sew but my sewing room is in disarray, it is full of stuff from my husband's studio. When he gets his room sorted I will work on mine then I will sew.
Covid has impacted everyone's life, I wonder if things will ever be the same again. We are fortunate to live in an isolated place so going outside is not a problem when the weather is cooler, we do not see anyone other than the delivery driver from Amazon when we order anything. Another impact of Covid, online shopping. We even order our groceries online and just drive to the parking lot and they load it into the back of the van. Now that is one thing I actually like. Even when Covid isn't a threat anymore I will continue to do that but I will go inside for fresh produce and bread.
Stay safe everyone!
I'm very glad your knee is better but not glad at all about your husband. I hope your message results in some action.
ReplyDeletexx
I'm sorry about your husband! I hope he gets something sorted soon. I'm glad your knee is doing well.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you are able to get some treatment for your husband soon. So glad your knee is on the mend. Take care.
ReplyDeleteTrying to catch up on visiting blogs. I think a lot of us will continue to shop on line and pick up groceries when we get the clearance to go out again. It's quite convenient. I heard today that a lot of business offices will continue to let employees work from home as it cuts their expenses by 30%. I see a lot of changes in the future.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol