Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I have hit a rather large snag!

I cleaned up the machine and gave it a good oiling inside and out.  I freed up the presser foot lever mechanism, the forward and reverse and stitch size and the bobbin winder but for the life of me I can't free up the rest of the mechanics.

I have taken off the motor and foot pedal.  I got a power cord for it and the motor and foot pedal both work.

But unless I can free up the mechanism it is pretty useless.

Today I moved it all out to the workshop where I have more space to work on it.

I have watch a few videos and have some ideas.

Fingers crosses I can get it moving.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Hoping you manage to suss out the problem and get it sorted.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck , you should be able to find something on video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I still have things to try that I saw on the videos.

      Delete
  3. I had a sewing machine seize up. I took it apart, cleaned and oiled it. Left it setting for a week and lightly oiled every couple of days. It finally loosened up and now sews great. Hope that works for you. I watched videos on YouTube first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I did all those things but to no avail. When I finally got some movement something inside cracked and fell out. The metal was rusted through, it couldn't take the strain of being moved. Totally saddened but onwards and upwards. I did blog about it if you are interested.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.