Monday, August 29, 2022

Move put on hold due to a fall and a bad back and a beautiful wedding

Well, the move is on hold again.  We were looking for an alternative house to buy after the other one fell through due to too many structural problems but 2 weeks ago I took a tumble outside whilst walking on uneven ground and have a compression fracture in one of my vertebrae.  Now, I didn't think I had done any real damage as I could still get up and walk etc. but after 10 days and it was still extremely painful, I thought I had better get it checked out.  A couple of xrays bought forth the diagnosis.  My doctor said that I had to rest and take painkillers and it would take several weeks to get better.

So right now I spend a lot of time sitting.  Boring!!!

I have read several books, watched a lot of TV and finished making the set of Christmas tree ornaments to send off for my great grandson who is nearly 1 1/2 now.  How quickly the time is passing!



My eldest granddaughter got married in July after having to cancel 3 times prior due to the Covid regulations.  She finally got her big day. And stunning she was as was my great grandson too and of course her husband and the rest of my family.

My granddaughter, great grandson and daughter



with her sweet flower girl



My grandson, her brother, walked her down the aisle




The happy family



My other granddaughter (centre) was a bridesmaid.  The other girls are her half sisters.

Sadly, I couldn't be there but I have looked at all the photographs over and over again that it feels like I was.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to read about your back - that sounds very unpleasant indeed and, as you say, having to rest up is pretty boring. I love those ornaments - they are delightful and I'm sure great grandson will love them. xx

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.