The weekend has been a tad traumatic. We live in the middle of nowhere so our water comes from a deep well and the waste water goes into a lagoon. If you have followed my blog for a while you know we had to have a new well dug and new pipework put in leading to the pumphouse two years ago to the tune of $12+k.
Now our sewerage pipes are backing up. Ugh! Can't complain the system has worked flawlessly for 18 years.
I had to wait downstairs so I did not miss the guy coming to check out what was wrong so to pass the time I was watching YouTube videos on card making and I came across one in the Sizzix tutorials and the demonstrator was using washi tape as part of her decorating. Never having heard about it I was intrigued, so of course I googled it.
My goodness, such a selection and very reasonably priced.
Now it seems that it derives from masking tape but it is patterned in bright colors with lovely designs. It appears to be quite thin and isn't overly sticky. As it will just be used for decorating cards and not holding anything together it should be OK and apparently it can be removed without damaging the card.
So to cut a long story a little bit shorter I ordered a pack of 21 rolls for only $6.99. The link to them is below if you are interested.
I could have done with this tape when working on this card as I got a smudge on the inside from the stamping. It was the first card I made in January with the stamps I got for Christmas. To hide the smudge I cut out a frame to glue in. With the washi tape I could just have just ran a strip of it over the smudge. I will be well prepared next time lol.
The Septic Pump guy showed up and the sludge has to be dug out and the lagoon deepened then the pipes blown out. Thankfully it will not cost any where near what the well did. He will be here tomorrow. Thank goodness. It has been quite the adventure dealing with this, suffice to say when I take the dog out to pee it is a group activity lol. Good job we have no nearby neighbours and have plenty of acreage!
On that not so pleasant note I will bid you all a good evening!




Oh, my goodness, that was rather a disaster. I'm so glad it will all be sorted out very soon. Phew.
ReplyDeleteThe cards are lovely. xx
WE were away all day yesterday from 7am until 8pm going to hospital appts for my husband. We got a message that they had been and it was all done and working again. So grateful they could get out so quickly.
DeleteI'm rubbish at stamping. Maybe I'll practice now that I have all the time in the world. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am too, I keep trying but I am messy with them and get smudges or incomplete images. I am sticking to envelopes for now but even the last two of them weren't worth a photo on here lol.
Delete