My goodness the family visit went by so quickly. Unfortunately, as I expected it was extremely hot while they were here which limited outside time. But they did get outside to shoot the pellet gun and rifle at the targets and they were all great shots! DIL also took the children to a couple of outdoor swimming pools 2 afternoons for some outside time where they could keep cool. One of them had a Lazy River and diving boards so that was fun for them.
DIL is a professional photographer and all the following photos are hers, so much better than anything I would take.
I showed the oldest grand daughter how to knit when she was about 8 or so and she now makes some lovely things and does crochet too. I showed her the basics and she has learned much more from watching Youtube tutorials and from a friend of her Mums who knits. The youngest wanted to learn too this visit so I also showed her the basics of knitting and crocheting and she picked it up very quickly. She will learn more from her sister too and no doubt Youtube.
We went out for a couple of meals which was very nice, one was the locally owned burger shack where they cook everything to order and there is only outside seating and the other was also a family owned restaurant about 40 miles away and the food is always good.
The guys (son and grandson) did so many jobs while they were here with husband looking on really wishing he was still able to do it. They even got all the hard work in the sunroom done which leaves us with trimming it up which we will be able to do once my husband has fully recovered from his surgery. They worked so hard and I felt so bad that they did while on their vacation but we are so grateful for their help.
The wasps were very active around the front door and I offered grandson the use of my wasp hat as he was in and out all the time fetching tools from the workshop, but he declined incase anyone took a photo of him wearing it lol. After all he is a teenager now and couldn't risk his street cred.
I on the other hand have absolutely no street cred so here I am in my full glory wearing it!
It was a wonderful 6 day visit but in the blink of an eye it was over and they were on their way to visit son's Mum and her family and our other two grandson's and their mother for 6 days and then onto DIL's Mum and their family. What a trip, thousands of miles will be covered by the time they get home.
And I will leave you with a sweet photo of youngest grand daughter with our dog. They have such a bond.









How absolutely lovely, Maureen. I'm very glad you had such a wonderful timer with your family and I am sure they were very happy to help out and felt great about being able to do so.
ReplyDeleteThe photos are lovely. xx