Sunday, October 1, 2023

My goodness, it's taking a long time to get Santa knitted

 I started knitting Santa on August 26th and have worked on it most evenings and weekends.  I thought I was nearing the end but discovered I had one more quite large piece to knit which is his jacket.  Somehow I envisioned his body which is red would just have a belt and white trim added to it but the jacket piece is a whole separate piece starting at the white trim at the bottom and up to and including his black belt.  I had to find some more white wool (yarn) which was a close match to what I had already used.  Thankfully I had some and I am hoping and praying I have enough red left.


This has not been a simple task and I will not be rushing to make another one.  I am making this one for us (well me really as I am the one who really loves Christmas, my husband just goes along it as it makes me happy lol).  Usually I give away the things I make.  Someone will claim him once we're no longer around but for now he will reside with us.

Everything else is plodding on here.  We might finally get some cooler weather this coming mid week, I am ready for it.  We have to get out and cut up some fallen limbs.  And we will also rent a log splitter and see if we are capable of splitting the logs from the trees we felled last year.  We will need the wood.  We got the propane tank filled ready but it is always nice to light the wood burning stove.

Hoping all is good in your worlds.

XXXXX

6 comments:

  1. That will be adorable when finished. I need to get yard work taken care of this week as well.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We didn't get out this morning to cut up the branches, neither of us felt up for it. Maybe later in the week when it cools down a little.

      Delete
  2. He's splendid - I love Jean Greenhow patterns, they always work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is going to be very nice when I have him finished. I did the trims for his arms and boots and started on the jacket this past weekend. I need to add some stuffing to my grocery order so I have enough when the big day comes that I get him all put together. I love her patterns too.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the patience to knit that. He's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.