Thursday, October 16, 2025

what are the odds????

It has been 9+ weeks since the move.  It has been a very stressful time but we can now see a light at the end of the tunnel.

The actual move was disastrous.  We did not choose wisely when it came to movers and a lot of furniture got scratched or damaged and some things never even made it here. We went for cheap rather than quality, our own fault.

But we have gotten past that now.

We needed a couple of bookshelves to replace our old ones, which we had discarded before the move.

I found a set on FB Marketplace that I could get in the back of our vehicle so I went and bought them.  The problem was they were from a smoking home so we had to leave them in the garage for several weeks to keep cleaning and polishing them to get rid of the smoky smell.  Then we bought them inside but, alas, we had too many books for them.

I had been keeping a lookout on Market place to see if I could find a similar set to go with them.  Nothing was showing up until Sunday night when an identical bookshelf came on sale. And very reasonably priced.  I messaged straight away and asked if they were from a smoke free home.....and they were.  I went first thing Monday morning to get them.  

I couldn't believe my luck!  What are the odds of finding two identical bookshelves in the same city?

I am happy!



5 comments:

  1. Glad the move is done and now you can settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the move was really stressful. It's all done now. What a nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy that you found new ones. So sorry about the movers and the damage. Glad you're there safe. Here's to new chapters. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about all the damaged furniture...but glad it's over.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.