The days are flying by and I am trying to get things organised for when I come home from the hospital. I have been in touch with our local Meals on Wheels and they can deliver meals for us starting as soon as next week. There is a weekly charge of $28 for 5 meals a week, so $56 for the two of us. They deliver daily. To me that sounds like absolute bliss. They deliver daily and there is always a dessert included. The meals are diabetic friendly the lady told me. BUT!, there's that word again lol. My husband is a picky eater. So I might just order them starting next week for myself to try them out and my husband can see if he would be interested in getting them too. $224 a month I think is reasonable considering the price of food these days and the convenience will be wonderful.
I will just make things for him for a week for lunch and I am hoping he will like what they do and will want them also. When I have one arm out of use for 6 weeks in a sling I will not be doing any cooking so he will have to make his own or eat the meals on wheels dinners. I am taking bets on what he decides lol.
I have numbers for alternative means of transport so our trips for doctors and hospital visits should not be a problem.
We had a bit of a set back with yet another 2 trips to the ER for my husband. He had another abscess come up, this time on his chest and it was very close to where his loop recorder is implanted under his skin and attached to his heart. The VA nurse told me to take him straight to the ER. Another 12 hour stint in the ER but they gave him intravenous antibiotics and sent us home with a prescription for a course of antibiotics for him to take for 10 days. It hasn't healed up yet. The other trip was for his back which left him in excruciating pain. They managed to help the pain with very strong painkillers, anti-inflammatory shots and lidocaine patches. He is now getting physical therapy at home to try and strengthen his back muscles.
His aide also told us she was quitting and moving to Montana. That is sad, she has been a great help to him and to me. Hoping her replacement will be as good.
I have also arranged for a mowing company to come and mow the grass every two weeks.
Next week we have appointments Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. After the abscess thing his electro physiologist wants to see him on Monday. I think they want to see if he has to have the loop recorder removed and also fit a pacemaker. He also has to have CT scan for his pulmonologist. I have CT scan and pre-op stuff on Tuesday and Wednesday he sees his pulmonologist. He had nodules show up in his lungs last scan and she wants to see if they are stable.
A busy few weeks ahead for sure.
Hope all is good in your worlds.......
It sounds as though you are getting things sorted.
ReplyDeleteYou've both had a rough time of it lately. I prepped loads of meals in advance of my hip surgery. It was a godsend just lifting meals out to defrost the night before.
ReplyDeleteBusy few weeks for sure. I'm sorry about the setback. Sending all the good vibes I can find, your way. Love the idea of Meals on Wheels that is a very good price to me as well. Love that. Hopefully there's enough in there that he likes.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you two are having to go through all of this!! You know, I use a company called, TelyRX.com (Out of Irving, Texas)
ReplyDeleteI order Amoxicillin 500mg from them. You create an account...order what you want...answer some medical questions.... then submit the order. They give you refills. You don't have to talk to anyone...a doctor checks over your questionnaire...then approved your order. I usually get my Rx's in 3 to 5 business days. When we traveled, I always kept an extra antibiotic in the motorhome. Another company called, Jase.com, does the same but it comes in a kit with other Rx's I don't need. Check them both out. It might help you or hubby if you need it in the middle of the night, like we once did! SO thankful we had the meds on hand...saved us a ton of $$$$ in the long run.
Hugs, Donna