What a disastrous time I have been having. The moving around must have dislodged everything because it just wouldn't rib at all and the YC5 has to be used in conjunction with the ribber.
I ended up taking the whole set up down and setting it back up again. I mustn't have it quite right because it still throws a wobbler now and again when it is ribbing although it is a heck of a lot better.
I then ventured on to try the colour changer and after many thwarted attempts I can now get it to change colour when doing 1 x 1 rib.
The seller of the YC5 didn't come through with another mast so right now I can only use two colours with it. I am impressed with the mechanics of the YC5 and realise that there are a lot of mechanics and fine tuning involved with machine knitting.
I want to try doing two coloured tuck stitch next as the main reason for getting the colour changer is to be able to get a colured pattern without floats.
I have looked at doing double jaquard but as I said above my ribber doesn't seem to function well for big areas of knitting and if Phil (a knitting blogger friend) can't master it what chance do I have???
My time for knitting is limited as it is and I am itching to make something so I will keep with simple for now.
I realise I am never going to aspire to doing really fancy work and that really wasn't my intent when I bought the machine, it's just that the machine is capable of doing so much that I feel that I should be utilising it's capabilities.
There is a new baby arriving in the family in November and they live in Canada so it will be cold and need cardies and sweaters. Most of our little ones live in warmer climes so don't need too many winter woolies lol.
Not a very entertaining blog this time but there is a lighter side to it......Barbie got some new clothes!
Our little four year old grand daughter got to play with Barbie and her clothes on their recent visit and her eyes lit up when she saw all the clothes so now I don't feel so silly turning my practice pieces into Barbie dresses. Might have to buy a sister for Barbie as she has so many clothes now!
Presenting the latest Barbie creations..........
| Yeah! the ribber is working again |
| Woops! got a ridge, not sure how |
| Trying different spacing. After this the ribbing went awry, not sure why it does that |
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.