I can't say enough about this company.
Silver Reed Canada
I ordered the parts on the 14th and they will be here tomorrow, the 20th. From Canada. Some US companies take way longer than that.
I am excited to get the lace carriage working. I had given up on it before as the lever at the back was flopping around and some chunks of metal fell out of it. Also the drums were frozen. I thought it was beyond repair or would cost a fortune to fix. I was so inspired by the Diane Sullivan video about using the lace carriage I watched that I set about looking at it again. I have been lamenting over this lace carriage for a long time. I even considered buying a new one but heck, they are expensive!
What I have realized is that knitting machines are made up of lots of parts and if one breaks it can be replaced. So this carriage needed the drums freeing up, which I was able to do after watching another video put up by Kate in her blog 'Pieces of Kate'. It also needed the handle holder unit L (which is what the chunks of metal were) and a Row counter lever base which was broken and hence the floppy lever.
Pieces of Kate. How to clean the drums on a knitting machine
I know I am repeating myself but I am so impressed by the Canada company and Pieces of Kate's blog entry.
So tomorrow or the next day (as UPS usually delivers around 6pm here) I will know if the lace carriage will work with all the repairs. I really hope so. It came with all the weights and punchcards etc so it will be fully functional if it works. Fingers and toes crossed!
Will post after I have tried it with pictures if all goes well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.