Monday, September 8, 2014

Husband's cardigan is a go!!!

I have everything I need to complete this project.  I have a pattern (thanks Suzy), the yarn and the machine is oiled and ready complete with new sponge bar. Now I just have to find the time.  I am pumped to get on with this.  Tomorrow and Friday are no go's as we have to go to the hospital those days for some tests and chemo for my husband.  The other days are pretty tight too as now the weather has cooled we are trying to catch up on the mowing but I am bound and determined to make a start on it this week.

I am also trying to get the Knitware program set up on my computer.  This is a great program and I so really want it.  We have 6 computers in our house and all are 64bit.  5 of them run Windows 7 Home or Home Premium.  One is older and runs Windows XP but it is still 64bit.

Knitware can run on Windows 7 but it first has to be loaded onto a 32 bit computer then copied onto a flash drive.  Then it has to be taken off the flash drive onto the 64bit computer and a BDE platform downloaded to run it on.

Still hunting for a 32bit computer to download the program onto.  I am hoping to find one to purchase or someone locally who has one who can download it for me.

I have been wanting to get this done for about 2 years now and never accomplished it.  I read the instructions a gazillion times this last time and I am pretty sure I know what needs to be done now.  Time to get my butt in gear and find that much needed 32 bit computer.

Excited to be ready to knit the cardigan, will update with progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.