I made one of the sleeves yesterday for the baby coat, Everything went perfectly and I had it done and my knitting room tidied up afterwards in an hour and a half.
Went back today to do the other one.
Was doing great but I forgot to change the rows per 10cm on the knit radar when I changed from stocking stitch to tuck stitch.
I was 14 rows into it when I realised it.
Having done this before I had a plan formulated in my mind to correct it rather than just take it off and start again.
The plan was to change the rows per 10cm then take the pattern back to where I should have changed it then click it back through on the new setting.
Great plan eh!
I did it and finished the sleeve to find out that I had done 14 rows less than the previous sleeve.
Drat!!!!
But why didn't it work?
Well, I was changing from 52 rows to 75 rows per 10cm. 2 knobs to adjust. The first from 0-60 to 61-120. (Think that is correct without going back up to check). The second knob from 52 to 75.
What I didn't know is that on 0-60 each click represents one row and on 61-120 one click represents 2 rows.
So I should have just moved it up 7 clicks to represent the 14 rows I had knitted. I moved it up 14 clicks so it took me further up the pattern than I should have been.
Lesson duly noted!
dont you just hate it when you think you have something worked out to find you dont, shamefully I havent touched my machine for a couple of weeks,
ReplyDelete