Monday, January 25, 2016

A bag full of bling, a Christmas tree ornament and the lace carriage arrived

One of the new Sizzix dies I got last week was a Christmas tree.  I cut a couple out ready to make last week.

When I was shopping in Walmart I found a bag of bling for $3 in the craft section. It filled a pound size plastic tub. It was just what I needed for Christmas tree ornaments to sew on my Christmas trees.

Yesterday I sat and sewed some bling on both sides of the tree then sewed it up and put a little filling in it to plump it out.

All shapes, colours and sizes.

One side of tree

Other side

The bling is great, so many different shapes and very sparkly.  I love sparkly!  The pictures do not really do it justice.

I really like the Christmas tree die, it is simple to sew up.

On a different not, the lace carriage arrived last week.  It does look very similar to the LC2 so I am hoping it will work on my SK700 knitting machine.  Hoping to get up tomorrow to try it. Will post on that after I do.

My knitting/sewing room is a mess right now.  My daughter got me on a mission to find photos of her when she was little.  My old photos are all stashed in a closet in my room underneath a lot of other stuff.  Hence the mess.  Considering I have lived in England, Canada and now the US these photos have done a lot of travelling.  Unfortunately some have not fared too well and going through them all is very time consuming.

2 comments:

  1. love your little tree, where would you find that small of blings ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the bag of bling in Walmart in their craft section. Do you live in the US? I think most Walmarts all carry the same things. It was ridiculously cheap for so much, only $2.99. It was where the sequins and beads were. Hope this helps.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.