Monday, January 4, 2016

My first gingerbread man

Well, I have made one gingerbread man.  I plan to make several felt Christmas tree decorations this year to give to family.  A little keepsake.  We have some that my husband's Mum made that we put on the bigger tree.  We only had a very small tree this year because of the puppy, Maggie.  Next year she should be OK with the big one and hopefully not want to play with it.

Who couldn't forgive sweet Maggie anything?
I will keep this gingerbread man for ourselves, it was a trial run.  All hand sewed.  If I go into mass production I may utilise my sewing machine. I think that I could do some fancy stitching across the arms and legs as opposed to sewing on bric a brac which frayed at the edges a lot. It also does a stitch that resembles blanket stitch I can use to sew it together.

Also, I need to work on faces. I need to check out Dawn's blog who did some cute faces on some angels she made.

 
I was going to buy some ribbon next time we were in town but I wanted to finish it so went with some red lace from my sewing stash for the loop and the scarf.

Still working on granny squares for our blanket.  Nearly have 25 made which will make a 5' x 5' blanket.  I want it to be quite a bit bigger than that though. I make enough each round to increase it by a foot.  I may have to change some colours on the next round as I know I do not have enough of each of the colours to make it all the same.

Have the itch to get going on my knitting machines again.  At the very least I need to clean and service them.

The first of three trips this month to Columbia tomorrow for the hospital appointments for my husband. Neurologist tomorrow, heart doctor, podiatrist and primary care doctor later in the month.

Off to refill the bird feeder which I had been neglecting until now, (along with a lot of other things since Maggie arrived).  The birds were certainly happy to see it go back up.

Woody Woodpecker is one of our most frequent visitors to the feeder.  The smaller birds are not intimidated by him though.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely cute little fella, the faces I did on the angels were part of the embroidery design, feel free to use the idea, good luck at the hospital

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.