Sunday, April 10, 2016

Not much crafting done this past couple of weeks but I did find a treasure at a local Swap Meet

My husband, up until yesterday, has been feeling much better so we have tried to get as many things done as we can in the shop and outside while he is able so not much crafting done these past couple of weeks.

I did, however, find this book and set of patterns at a Swap Meet about 20 miles away last Saturday.

The book is in excellent condition and the patterns are all there and have never been used.  The book and pattern set were released in 1963 so over 50 years old but they have a wealth of history and sewing knowledge.  I have been reading in the evenings instead of crocheting.  I paid $5 for them which was probably too much but they are well worth it in my mind.







This afternoon I did get round to cutting out 12 felt Christmas tree ornaments on my Sizzix machine. It felt good to get that done, now they are ready to sew when ever I have the time.

4 comments:

  1. I love finding books like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and this one is so informative plus all the unused patterns. The internet is a great source of info but I still prefer a book as you can have it close to hand.

      Delete
  2. You won My giveaway, please send me your home mail address, congrats You have won something now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you. This is so exciting. Will contact you through your blog next.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.