Sunday, June 12, 2016

And still a lot of work in progress!

I have been working on the sundresses....a lot!  I have realised it takes me so much longer to do anything these days than it did even 10 years ago.

I have always been a plodder but I could do a lot of plodding in a day once upon a time. I could go from one plod to the next. But these days I have to rest in between and some days I am just not up for much plodding at all.

So, one sundress is all but done and the other is close behind. Then I will have the bloomers to make but I might just leave them as shorts as I have no idea how chunky our grand daughter's legs are.  I will make them as shorts and consult with my daughter in law when we see them in a couple of weeks.

I didn't document making them this time which is just as well as I made a couple of boo boos along the way but all is good now.  I wouldn't use this pattern again, the flounce has not been that easy to do.  I thought it would be a quick simple make but that hasn't been the case.

The blanket is coming along, it takes forever to do a round on it now as it is so big but it is simple going and I can do it in the evenings.

I have so many other things I want to make.  I desperately need some loose baggy shorts for round the house.  I have two pairs of shop bought ones that I have worn for about 8 years but they are falling apart.  I will use them as a guide to make some more as they are nice and loose and baggy, perfect for the very hot weather we are having right now. I wouldn't wear them out in public but for round the homestead here they are great.

So pictures later this week, hopefully, on the grandbaby's sundresses and shorts.

9 comments:

  1. My list of things to make grows longer every day, I need to make some shorts mine are only just hanging on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine too, the elastic is so weak if I put anything in the pockets they fall down and I can't replace it as the top of where the elastic goes in is all freyed. They really are a sight!

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking of shorts for a while to wear in the garden, I have a pyjama pattern that can be cut down and will have a stab at making some this week. I dad buy the elastic and have plenty of fabric to go at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to use these old ones as a pattern to cut new ones out and I will just put patch pockets on them rather than mess about with side pockets. I just need somewhere to put my keys in.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, Terry and I were just talking about what we get done every day and how in our youth what takes all day would have taken a few hours back then. But, being busy and seeing the fruit of your labor is what really counts...not how long it took to do it.

    I found a pair of shorts I loved about 5 years ago. I bought about 10 pairs, picking one up each time they came on sale or I had a coupon for a discount. I'm sure my neighbors think I wear the same clothes every day. I don't much care what the neighbors think, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care either but the good thing is no one can see us here. If I had neighbours who could see us I might not be so brazen lol.

      Delete
  4. Seems like my stash is bottomless.....always something interesting I"d completely forgotten about - such fun!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a stash of dress making fabrics I inherited from my mother in law. Some of it is quite old and dated but perfect to make the above mentioned shorts with.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.