Saturday, June 18, 2016

I made me some silky drawers!

Not wanting to sound profane but the shorts I made are quite silky and the line from a song out of the movie Grease keeps running through my mind when I see them.

"Take your filthy paws of my silky drawers, would you try that crap with Annette?"

(Grease was and still is a favourite movie of mine and I have watched it many, many times and know all the words to the songs.  Haven't watched it recently though).

I rummaged through my stash of inherited fabrics and found what I made the shorts from. It would not have been any fabric I would have chosen myself but hey, it was just sitting there so there was nothing to lose.

When I first cut them out two of the pieces had holes in them.  Not sure how, don't think it could have been moths because it is a polyester fabric and I don't think moths like it plus the container was airtight, anyway I had enough to cut out replacement pieces. I added a couple of patch pockets so I could carry my phone and keys in them.  I just kind of cobbled them together, unlike the sun dresses and shorts I had just made which I tried to do as professionally as possible.


There is quite a lot more of different fabrics too so I can run up some loose skirts and more shorts for the summer but not for a couple of weeks.  We are getting ready to meet up with family next weekend to spend a week with them.

Meanwhile, still working on the granny square blanket which has now been named 'the love blanket' because if and when anything happens to either of us the other will have the blanket to snuggle under and keep warm.

9 comments:

  1. I love your silky drawers, I have just had a new DVD of grease arrive today as my other got a scratch its one of my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great movie isn't it? I have never tired of it or the music. The drawers are very comfortable to wear as well as being silky!

      Delete
  2. Oh sweet Maureen Grease is one of my most favourite movies ever..me and little miss watch it and her looks when I sing along are a Picture..love your drawersxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you not sing along to it. That movie got me and my two eldest kids through some difficult times but it was such a comfort and an outlet for us. We would watch it and we all knew all the words and we could escape into it for awhile.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, Grease, bring it on. Along with The Best little whorehouse in Texas and Animal house it is a must watch when I feel down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about The best Little Whorehouse in Texas, but yes, that is a great movie also. Haven't seen Animal House, will have to try and find it on dvd.

      Delete
  4. We loved Grease and Grease II as well. Such a long time ago. Your shorts look they would be cool and comfortable. Would make great PJs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cool and comfy and perfect for around the homestead here and a vast improvement on the very worn out ones with holes!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.