Saturday, July 30, 2016

Not much crafting at all but a lot of other stuff!

So, these past weeks have been better, I haven't done much crafting at all but we have been busy doing other things which you can read about in my other blog if you are interested. Just click on the sentence below and it will take you there.

Doing things out in the workshop and outside

I did sit and make a gingerbread Christmas ornament one day. I don't think he looks too handsome though.  I haven't quite found the solution for the faces yet.



My husband bought me some nice new gel pens for experimenting with the leather colouring.


Also, it is my birthday next week and he has bought me a new leather swivel chair for my sewing room.  It hasn't arrived yet but I am excited to be getting it.  One of the problems I was having is that my chair up there was too low.  This one goes higher and is really strong so the hydraulics shouldn't go out on it like it did my other one.  It wouldn't raise up so I had 4 pillows on it to make myself higher and then I was wobbly on it.

Yay, Happy Birthday to me!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you next week sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday a lovely gift I am sure you will put it to great use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I will get a lot of use out of the chair, it will make a big difference working at a comfortable height.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Maureen. I make the same gingerbread men and use brads for the eyes and stitch the mouth...if you search my blog under "gingerbread men" you will see an example that may give you a idea for your own little men

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I checked yours out and they look so much better, will look out for some of those brads and I think the stitched mouth is much better.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.