Sunday, August 7, 2016

An update on the crochet granny square blanket and some more silky drawers

Despite our dog Boris's recent "Geez Mum it's been nearly a year since you started it" comment on his blog, progress is slowly being made on the granny square blanket. He's a cheeky one that Boris!

This blanket is going to be the winter top cover on our king sized bed so it is super huge. The top is all made and I am working on the skirt part that hangs over the sides.  It is taking a lot of rounds.  I am on the ninth one and have used 4 x 7oz hanks of yarn already.  I need some more so will pick it up next time I am in town.  I expect I will have to buy at least 6 more. This is our 'love' blanket so it is sort of special. I haven't been able to match the yellow yet, I really want to finish the edge with it. Hopefully I will be able to find something close.  It is the centre colour on all the granny squares so I think it will finish it nicely with the edge being the same colour.



It is still very hot here so I decided to have a rummage through my fabric stash and make another pair of shorts, aka silky drawers in our house.  (What can I say? my hubby likes them lol).  I would never wear them out in public but for around the house they are very cool and comfy.  I learned from the other pair I made that the pockets needed to be lower and more in the front so I did that with this pair.


My birthday present of the new chair actually arrived on my birthday which was a lovely surprise as it wasn't supposed to.  It is great.  So comfortable and the height control hydraulics work effortlessly. I am very happy with it.  I didn't put the arms on as I need it to tuck under my desk when not in use or it would be in the way.



So a pretty productive craft week for me.  I read other blogs and the writers seem to be able to accomplish much more than me but that's OK, I am happy that I can do what I do.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely chair, I think we all work at the pace that we can fit in and suits us, after all it's supposed to be fun not a chore...sure you will have many hours of crafting fun sitting comfy now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a difference to be at a comfortable height to work and I don't fall of it as I don't need cushions lol.

      Delete
  2. Nice Chair. I use an office chair as well and I love it. Terry brought it home for me when his office had a big re-decorating. Funny how places can just dispose of items that are perfectly perfect and not give it a second thought.

    How do you keep your foom so ... clean?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try and tidy my work space when I have used it. The room is actually our spare bedroom and my work table is a fold up table set over the bottom of the bed. What you can't see in the picture is the totes I have on the bed to keep my fabrics and knitting machine accessories in. Good job we don't have to use it as a bedroom very often!

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.