Thursday, November 17, 2016

Slowly getting back into the swing

We finished doing the camper to hunting blind renovation just over a week ago.  It was an almost four month full time project and with that and the usual household chores I didn't get much crafting done.

For the first week afterwards I was sort of numb!  I didn't do much at all, I was quite physically and emotionally drained.

This week however I am eager to get going again.

I have started on my daughter's Christmas stocking.  She made a request for a large bright pink one covered in bling a couple of years ago and this year I decided to get on and make one.  She is 45 lol but she has really never asked me to make her anything before so I am more than happy to do it.  I found a free pattern on Craftsy and downloaded it and bought some hot pink fleece and some white for the cuff.  I have a carton of bling I can dig through to sew on the outside and bought some bling on a roll to put around the cuff.  I also bought some little sparkly ornaments which I will add if needed.  I had some hot pink dotty fabric for the lining so pink she asked for and pink she will get!





I did also make another couple of felt Christmas tree ornaments last week, something I can do in the evenings when sitting down.

So in the words of Arnie......I'm back!  Although I really never went away just got so invested in the renovation thing and we were under pressure to get it done ready for hunting season this year.

Check out my other blog if you are interested in reading about the camper.

from one day to the next one



4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your huge project is complete and you can get to crafting. Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will not be nearly as numerous as yours Kim but I am happy to be back in the swing.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you!!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too Carol.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.