Friday, March 3, 2017

Might not be around for a while

This past week we had some devastating news.  My husbands eldest son, my stepson Andrew was killed in a car accident.  We are gutted, in shock and totally lost.

Added to that, my husband had the cardiac cath on Monday which didn't show any blockages, which was excellent news, but he has rampant atrial fib which is probably the cause of a lot of his more recent problems.  We spent three out of four days at the VA hospital, they are putting him on anti coagulent medication because of the atrial fib and other factors he is at a very high risk for stroke.  He is also wearing an event heart monitor for 30 days and has been advised not to travel far or fly. He has numerous upcoming appointments.

Plans are afoot for a memorial service to be held in Kansas City for the family from around here but we will not make the actual funeral in New Jersey which in itself is devastating but the doctor fears serious problems if we travel and attend it.

I will be keeping up with reading the blogs I follow as I get some sort of comfort from reading them but don't feel like posting myself right now.

11 comments:

  1. Sending lots of virtual {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you both, such devestating news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincere condolences and prayers hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Maureen. I'm so sorry to hear all of this bad news. I continue to keep you in my prayers.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just how devastating it is to lose a child, my heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam, I am sorry you have had to experience this too, just total heartbreak.

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog and am so sorry to hear this.

    Take care of yourself. I am not a believer so cannot say that my prayers are with you, so will just say I am so sorry and take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine losing one of my children. My prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.