Tuesday, July 25, 2017

15 days past surgery

It is the 15th day since I had the neck surgery.  It has been a rocky couple of weeks for sure.  The surgery went well and the surgeon was happy with how I was afterwards.  I would say that it was probably the relief of still being alive that got me through the first day lol. The pain has been quite bad and I hate taking pain meds but I did take them religiously the first week. This past week I have been trying to cycle down.

My husband has been an absolute gem.  He has taken wonderfully good care of me.

There is considerable improvement in my arm strength and agility and I do not get the numbness any more at night which is a great blessing.  The pain in my neck is bothersome though but I am sure in good time it will fade away.

Added to the above I had a uninary tract infection and tummy upset which sent me to the doctors for antibiotics yesterday.

So other than a lot of feeling sorry for myself, which I am trying to overcome, not much else has been going on.

I certainly haven't felt like making things.  I hope that too will go away in time.

4 comments:

  1. take it easy , just get better, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can understand what you must be feeling. The foot surgery I had earlier this year had me counting down the days till the pain, then being uncomfortable went away. I can tell you my doc told me what to expect and it all went as he said, only it took a bit longer to get from one stage to the next. I have some issues, but nothing compared to before I had the surgery. Keep the faith and just relax and recover.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, beginning to realize that it is a slow recovery process lol. Hope all is good with you. XXXXX

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.