Secondly, I had an appointment with my surgeon this week and he is really pleased with my progress. I am feeling tons better than I was before and for the first five or six weeks after the surgery. (It is nearly nine weeks now). My arms no longer hurt and they do not go numb at night anymore. The vertebrae are fusing to the new bone discs he put in and I can move my neck a lot more than I have for years.
He also cleared me for mowing and wouldn't you know it? Sods law, the mower broke this week! We already have my husband's one at the repair shop, when we collect it next week we will take mine in. I have been driving too for a month or so now. I had to get off the prescription pain killers for that privilege.
And thirdly, I made something this week. A stand for some of my leather stamps. I have some heavy duty stamps with thick stems that needed to put in a stand.
As we have lots of wood offcuts I took a couple of pieces of 2 x 4, cut them to size, glued them together, then screwed them together for good measure. I marked where I wanted the holes and I drilled them out on my drill press.
Finally I sanded it and gave it a couple coats of woodstain and voila!
As you can see the holes needed to be a lot larger than in the one I had purchased a couple of years ago so it is custom made for these particular stamps. I doubt that I could have bought one like this plus they are really quite pricey. If I remember correctly I paid about $40 for the original one. I didn't have the drill press then though to make one.
I am hoping for some time later this month to get into my sewing and knitting room. I have been helping my husband get prepared for hunting this year. Last year we spent all summer gutting and converting an old camper into a hunting blind for him but it left him so weakened from doing all that work that he wasn't able to hunt much. He has an auto immune disease that attacks his muscles and nerves and working too much does more harm than good. This year he is hoping to get up there much more and that frees me up to spend time in my hobbies room.
I'm so glad your surgery has given the expected results. Terry's RA leaves him fatigued and disgusted that he can't do as much as he wants to. People laugh about old age and how immobile you can become, but it's not funny and neither are the diseases that distress us.
ReplyDeleteNice holder for the stamps.
xx, Carol
So happy to hear you e been cleared to mow . Nothing like getting outside n the fresh air. Take care of yourself - love your stamp holder!
ReplyDeletexxx