Sunday, October 8, 2017

It took a lot of failures but finally I can use the loom successfully

Who would have thought that the pin loom would prove to be so difficult to use?  I know I struggled with it many years ago but back then I didn't have the time to persevere.  This time I was bound and determined to succeed.

Armed with yarn and instructions last week I sat down to give it a go.  I failed........

Next day I tried again, and the next and the next. This pattern of failure was repeated for two more days.

The edges were all out of wack and this was after I had tried to fix them

Three edges were OK but the 4th went awry


Oh no, incorrect weaving and ratty edges, total failure!

A bit better but some mis weaving


Then yesterday it all fell into place and I made a good square.

Finally, a success!

Then I made some more

Phew! Thank goodness.

I am working on a baby blanket for the next baby that that comes along.  My youngest son is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend, also one of my grand daughters is too with her boyfriend so with the Universe's blessing and not so long into the future, there might be a new baby. Hopefully a marriage or two first though!

I will get some blue variegated yarn too to make squares and some white to crochet them all together and put an edge all around.  Maybe even back it too with some nice soft baby fleece.  Got plenty of time!





6 comments:

  1. Try, try, try again and you did it. They look lovely, especially the scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect and you met the challenge. The blocks are pretty and I'll wait to see how you crochet them together. I'd like this process too if the loom were bigger..maybe 6 inches.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for your perseverance and some beautiful squares made. How wonderful to have a plan for their use, sounds lovely. Thank you for your lovely comment I hope you will visit again and enjoy my adventures through life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The progress is apparent! Good work and keep going, there is so much you can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really enjoying making the squares, something I can do in the evenings whilst relaxing and watching TV.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.