Saturday, January 13, 2018

Not much to blog about!

The first few weeks after Christmas are always a bit blah to me.  I don't know why.

Christmas Day was a bit of a non event with my husband sleeping a good part of it away.  It was a hard one for him after the death of his eldest son and this coming February will be hard too as it will be a year since the car accident that took him.  Andrew has been on our minds a lot.

Not much done in the crafting area, just a few of the woven squares.

The weather is bitterly cold right now with snow forecast tomorrow and Monday which is not good as we have to drive 150 miles each way for hospital appointments on Tuesday.

A pretty gloomy post I am afraid, hopefully the next one will be more cheery.


6 comments:

  1. That's a long way to have to drive. Christmas can be a difficult time when a loved one is missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in a rural area and my husband goes to the veterans hospital, we travel 16 miles just to get a gallon of milk lol.

      Delete
  2. The holidays hold both joy and sadness when you have lost a loved one. When I was younger, I always tore the house up in January and painted every room and cleaned carpets and basically made my life ready for Spring and spending every minute I could outside. Now I'm too tired and stiff to do all that. But I still wait for Spring, and do a lot less to get ready for it.

    We thought about moving to Colorado when my grandson moves. The first consideration would be the quality of healthcare and access to VA care. I'm pretty sure we are staying right where we are.

    Nice to see you post.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are tied to the VA too and as he gets really good care in Columbia we are loathe to make any changes except perhaps nearer. Moving at our age is difficult! Hope Spring comes early for you. XXXXX

      Delete
  3. Christmas can be hard when loved ones are not around. Hope all goes well at the hospital, that is quite a trip. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you are coping OK with the bad weather you are getting.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.