Sunday, September 30, 2018

What I have been up to

I have been pretty busy these past few weeks.  A couple of visits to the VA hospital for my husband and another coming up this week.  A visit for myself to the doctor for my annual check up.  She sent me off for xrays of knee and shoulders.  Advanced joint disease apparently so she is setting up a consultation with an orthopedic specialist for me. Everything else was OK except I am now on the lower end of pre diabetes so I have to watch my diet.  A1C was 6.1.  Pre diabetes is 6.1 to 6.5.  I am not too worried and I will mind my diet.  One of the adverts on TV for diabetes meds strive for an A1C below 7.1 so I am thinking 6.1 isn't too bad.  My husband's is 7.3 and his doctor isn't too concerned. He does take meds but not insulin.

I have been knitting up a storm for the 18'  dolls.

Shoes for the twin dolls.  I made up the pattern for these and am using up left over yarn from other projects.




A hat for one of the dolls made from a swatch knitted on my knitting machine.



And finally an entire ensemble for our grandaughter's Christmas present


I have stopped for the time being.  I have really enjoyed knitting these clothes but I need to do some sewing next.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set, makes for a wonderful Christmas gift. There is nothing nicer than a gift made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is wonderful. It's good to know these health numbers and what they mean and how you can work to control things without more medications. Terry has too many health issues and is stage III kidney disease. Though the damage is done, at least he has a great doc to monitor all meds he takes with prior approval requested before other docs ad new meds.

    Be well and take care of yourself.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is lovely, what a wonderful gift for your GD. I love knitting tiny garments too, you can finish them so fast.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.