Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Who would have thought atherosclerosis could be a good thing?

The appointment with the vascular surgeon was yesterday.  It was with much trepidation we made the trip to Kansas to see him.

I saw the nurse and gave her the CD of the CT scan.  Many minutes later the surgeon came into the examination room carrying an ipad.  He showed us a close up picture of one of the aneurysms.  "You see that circle of white" he asks.  "That is calcification"

I was thinking OMG, it must be really bad.

BUT, it is a good thing it seems.  He said that with the calcification the likelihood of a rupture was negligible.

Wow! where we relieved?

So asked a lot of questions about whether heavy lifting or stress would be detrimental or should I change my diet at all and he said "No, just go out and live your life, no need to change anything"

We left his building very happy.

Bring on Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I am thrilled for you that all is well. Bring on Christmas indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aneurysm is a scary word. I'm glad you got reassurances that all is OK. Just have a wonderful holiday and "don't worry about it" spoken with an Italian accent. Think Godfather. Oh, my coffee has not kicked in yet,

    Be well, be warm, be happy.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.