Today it is sunny and fairly warm outside. I took Maggie for a nice long walk and run. I don't take her every day especially if it is too hot or too cold but please do not think she doesn't get any exercise, she does, we have 20 acres and I take her out many times a day and she can run around to her heart's content. She stays withing my sight which is a good thing, the going for a walk thing is really for my benefit and I do not do it enough!
Christmas came and went and all was very nice. We had to go to Columbia just before and just after Christmas for my husband to get his immunotherapy infusions so we stayed home alone so he didn't get in contact with anyone and risk getting anything. They suppress his immune system intentionally to slow down the autoimmune disease but it does leave him vulnerable to infections and viruses.
I made the apron mentioned in a previous post for my neighbour. It is a good job she is a smaller build than me because it sure didn't fit me very well! It was fiddly to make but she really liked it as did some of her grand daughters. I will not be taking orders. 😌 I didn't take pictures which is most unlike me.
In case it didn't work for her I also made a plastic shopping bag holder out of a new tea towel, very quick and easy to make.
Not much else going on in the crafting world. My husband is setting up his office/studio and I have been helping him with that a bit so I have not been idle.
A blog friend has asked me to make a dog collar for her dog and as soon as it warms up for more than a day or two I will get out to the workshop and make a start on that. I really enjoy the leather work and it is something we both get involved in. My husband cuts the leather. I attach the hardware and do the patterning and the holes, then he colours it. I then gum trag the edges and the back so a real joint effort.
Not much else happening, waiting on a call back to see if I have to go in for a D&C after my bout of woman's problems.
Hope 2019 will be a good year for everyone.
Hope all goes well with your husbands treatment and that a decision is made about your treatment. You will be in my prayers for good health for you both, its certainly soething we are hoping for this year. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting to hear whether your grand daughter liked her doll and the outfits you knitted... I thought they were great and it reminded me of a Christmas when my Mother did the same thing surprising me with many knitted clothes for my dolls and bear.
ReplyDelete