Sunday, February 17, 2019

It is like Groundhog day here at the moment

We are in a really weird phase where our computers/internet/wifi/phones are all causing problems.  Everything seems to take forever to sort out and when one thing gets sorted another thing comes and slaps us in the face.

The quote of the month was made by my husband.  "In an effort to re-design our lives and cut costs, things are spiraling out of control."

We are trying to cut our monthly expenditures, started with the cell phones.  Our phones were old and outdated and our service was way too costly.  We finally decided to transfer to a new carrier which was much cheaper and get new phones. (The cost savings would quickly make up for the new phones cost.  We didn't choose expensive phones). We did that but the phone was difficult for my husband to use so we ended up returning one phone and just keeping mine.

I have just spent an hour or more trying to pay the final bill of the old carrier online.  They made it extremely difficult but I finally got it done.

We got some weird emails so we changed the password on the modem/router and are in the process of changing all passwords and removing payment details off accounts.  That is taking forever.  Then we couldn't get the wifi extender to work, that took most of yesterday to sort out.

Getting the drift lol?

Anyway, onto nicer things.

I made the monkey!


We got snow!

Birds waiting to get onto the feeder


Having their fill

The pattern booklet arrived and yay! it does include all the nativity characters plus sheep.

I can't explain how happy I was and the rest of the patterns are wonderful too, I will be busy knitting all year now.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pattern, you are going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute , I made one last year but sewed not crochet or knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your knitted monkey, I've always loved monkeys. I can remember asking my Mum for a monkey suit for Christmas once. I never did get one, apart from a nurse or cowboy dressing up set I'm not sure there was a great variety in the 70's. Jean Greenhowe has some fabulous knitting patterns. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.