The house selling season is coming to an end and hunting season will be starting. My husband doesn't know if he will hunt or not this year but we are out of deer meat so he may. At least he will now have the option. It is hard for him these days, all the prep and getting back and forth to the blind in the cold winter mornings.
In hindsight, we listed too soon. We had hoped for a quick sale as it was priced for that but it didn't happen. We have made many improvements but most of the viewers saw it at the beginning before they were done. We will continue with improvements as and when we can so by next Spring we will be more ready.
I couldn't take not doing any crafts any longer so on the last day of August I embarked on my knitted nativity scene.
It is quite a big project. 7 bodies and heads, 7 cloaks, 14 hands, 7 hats or headpieces, 3 gifts, a crib, a baby, a blanket and three sheep, oh and some hair and beards too.
It was supposed to be a year long project and not at all rushed but now I will have to be a tad more speedy in my endeavors but it is so good to be doing something again. I have only made Joesph's body and head so far.
I found this guy I had made earlier in the year before we embarked on the house selling saga in April. It was from the same book by Jean Greenhowe that the Nativity scene is in. I like the patterns, they are easy to follow. You can't tell from the picture, the white wool has a sparkly thread running through it so it looks like glistening snow.
We are having a couple of quite hot days today and tomorrow but I believe from thereon it will start to cool down. There are signs of Autumn (Fall) already. Leaves are beginning to change colour and fall and acorns are dropping. The humming birds are still here and I found out that it doesn't hurt to keep putting out nectar, they will go when it is time regardless of the feeders still being full and sometimes others in flight home will pop down for a drink on their way. So for now I am keeping them filled up.
It will be nice to have it a bit cooler though, so I am looking forward to the next few months.
Hope everyone has had a good summer.

Sorry the house hasn't sold. Perhaps it will be good to take it off market for a while. My neighbour did that and when he relisted it sold.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had too many hummingbirds this summer. There do seem to be more around as the colder months draw near - as you say I think some just pop in for a drink when they pass by. Last year we kept the feeder out until late September!
Terry's sister passed away several months ago. The kids messed around and messed around then put the house up for sale. Houses in our neighborhood usually sell right away. They are antsy now and already reduced the price. I mentioned to Terry that this is not the time of the year to sell. School just started and people don't like to disrupt the kids once they have started. Our area is in demand because of the school system.
ReplyDeleteWell, even if you don't get all the people in the Nativity done by Christmas, you can always do the three main ones and then do as many as you can. It's such a cute set.
xx, Carol
The nativity scene is lovely and as a knitter I can appreciate all the work involved in making it. I'd be OK with the knitting but not the sewing up which I always find fiddly.
ReplyDeleteI think house sales definitely have a season and I think having a plan of what you want to do is the main thing.
It seems really odd to read about your husband going out hunting when we just pop to the supermarket or butchers for ours. Do you prep the meat yourself or does somebody do it for you. xx
Hi auntie. Miss you This looks really cool.
ReplyDeleteHi Laura, nice that you popped into my blog. Love you. XXXXX
DeleteIt's a lovely pattern, isn't it?
ReplyDeletexx