Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Well that's that then!

As suspected, the buyers of our house didn't get the financing.  I am a tad annoyed (slight understatement here!)  as they were told from the get go that the house would qualify for a conventional mortgage but not a VA mortgage. They insisted on going the VA route because they didn't have the down payment for a conventional loan and of course, it was a no go.  The VA wanted a series of repairs done to grant the mortgage.  We had spent all our money on doing the other things I have been blogging about so we were not able to do them and besides we had dropped the price by $10,000 to accommodate the repairs.  The house was appraised at $20,000 more than our asking price in it's current condition but VA would not budge.

We knew this would be the case from the get go so why the buyers wasted their and our time is a mystery.  The realtor had made it really clear to them that a VA loan wouldn't work.

For now we have taken it off the market.  My husband has been diagnosed with more heart issues and has been told no more stress and no more hard physical work.  He is restricted to gentle exercise like walking until they decide if they are going to do more procedures on him.  Ablation is what they are looking at where they scar the inside of the atrial chambers to stop the atrial fib and atrial flutter he is having.

I have managed to get some unpacking done but my sewing room is still in disarray with totes everywhere.  Perhaps later this week I will get around to sorting it all out.

Prior to the past month or so's goings on I did manage to knit Joseph. Maybe I will get Mary and Jesus done in time for Christmas, I seem to have lost my mojo right now.  The rest of the characters will have to be a next year project.

Here is Joseph, I am quite happy with how he turned out and the characters are quite a bit bigger than I thought they would be,


9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Joseph is great! Knitting amazes me. I crochet, but I'd like to learn more than knit and purl in knit. Bummer on the house situation. Terry has Afib and so does his brother. The Ablation didn't work for his brother. Terry's rate is pretty much erratically in the 80s so we keep an eye on it. It just makes him so tired. Add COPD and there is not much he can do.

    Wishes for you to have serenity. I always wish that to others because I want it for myself so I guess I think others do to.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my husband has COPD too. Seems like a pattern in the older veterans but they will never acknowledge it. He was grounded by his cardiologist, I think he did too much this past year trying to get jobs done on the house and did more harm than good. Serenity is good, thank you and I hope you both can find it too. XXXXX

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the house. At this point I'd be like you - it's more important for husband to be stress-free and trying to sell a house definitely isn't that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You are so right, selling a house is not stress free. We are both quite relieved for the time being and are hoping that something can be done to help my husband and maybe we can proceed with selling it again one day. I was reminded by a dear blogging friend that things happen the way God wants them to. I hope all is good in your world. I deleted my previous reply to your comment because it capitalised my last sentence which I didn't notice until I had posted it. XXXXX

      Delete
  3. prayers for hubby , thing happen the way God wants them to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes I forget that and want things to happen the way I want them to. But you are right and I need to be reminded sometimes. Thank you my friend. XXXXX

      Delete
  4. THey're quite substantial, aren't they. I was surprised at first at how tall they are. He's a lovely Joseph!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised but at least it will be a good sized display, just need to clear a space to set them up when they are all done.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.