I knitted a sheep for the scene. Fiddly, fiddly, fiddly! It doesn't look that great either so won't be making any more. It involves knitting with 2 strands of yarn on thin needles for part of it and that really hurts my hands these days. Arthritis has escalated in them this year.
I have started on one of the wise men.
Had a lot of hospital appointments lately and two more next week. My husband sees the cardio physiologist on Tuesday to see what and if they can do anything to stop the atrial flutter and afib. On Monday he has a colonoscopy so he will be fasting and cleansing all weekend, poor guy.
It has cooled off here which for me is quite wonderful but we have had a few days which were even too cold for me. Thankfully, the upcoming week is not forecast to be too bad, 40's and 50's.
Today we put our purple 'No Hunting' tapes around the trees along our frontage, I saw a strange vehicle yesterday evening creeping up our driveway. Probably out of area hunters looking for good hunting land. They will have to look elsewhere I'm afraid, we do not allow hunting on our land unless it is ourselves and my husband isn't well enough this year.
Still chasing that Christmas spirit which is very elusive this year. I miss getting all excited about Christmas, now it just seems such a chore.
Housework has also become difficult because my left knee, which badly needs to be replaced, is really hurting and walking is becoming more and more difficult. I am wearing a knee support all day and using a cane. We were hoping to be moved by now and living much closer to hospitals and clinics so having the surgery would be a lot easier in as much as there would not be all the travelling to and from the hospital and rehab clinic. Also it would be easier for the nurse to come to the house for the after care. There is always next year.....hopefully.


Sorry the sheep was so difficult on your hands. He looks great though. Terry has 6 docs that he sees quarterly. Our next quarter is January. Until then we will rest except for next Thursday when he sees HIS cardiologist about his Afib. I don't expect the Christmas Spirit to visit me this year. Heck, I didn't even put lights out in the front this year. I will put some in the Living Room because I love the lights and would gladly light them all year except then they would not be special. Be well and take it easy on that knee.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
Snap, I love the inside lights too and am always sad to take them down after Christmas. We started putting them up around the walls when our Christmas tree lost it's spot when we got the big screen TV. The lights around are compensation for no big tree.
DeleteI like the sheep! It does look fiddly though. Hope the appointments go well.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Appts went well, more to come and some serious heart procedures to be done.
DeleteI also found the sheep very fiddly and not easy to stitch up either but he does have character, don't you think?
ReplyDeletexx
He does have character for sure but he is going to be an only child lol.
Delete