Thursday, November 28, 2019

King #1 is done

I have made the first of the Three Kings.  I am very happy with him, he looks quite splendid in my humble opinion.

I just love his hat.



The grey/silver yarn has a sparkly thread running through it but it doesn't show up too well on the photos.

Now a bit of an indulgence.  We got an 'elf on the shelf'.  Not the expensive $30 one, I couldn't justify that to myself but a copycat one from Amazon.  He is very cute and as Maggie our American Bulldog is the only thing resembling a child in the household she has been told the story of the elf and that he is reporting to Santa every night on whether she has been a good doggie.  So far so good!  She did get me up at 1.30am a few nights ago but that was before the elf arrived so doesn't count lol.

I have never seen the original elf on a shelf close up so not sure how this one measures up but he works for us.  The reviews were excellent so I guess it is comparable.


I am going to see if I can insert some bendy wire into his legs and arms so I can better position him around the place.

Today is Thanksgiving here in the US so I wish all my American blogger friends a Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

  1. Your King looks lovely. I must confess that even though we are now empty-nesters I seriously thought about getting an Elf on the Shelf. I did resist - barely lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not indulge yourself. This one only cost $8 with free next day shipping from Amazon. I did manage to insert the bendy wire into the arms and legs so his arms and legs can be positioned all ways. I have already had my $8 worth of amusement out of him.


      Delete
  2. I enjoy seeing the little people you knit. To me they are amazing.

    For the past two Christmases my grandson and his family lived with us. That Elf on the shelf moved around a lot. It was so fun to see my great grandson's reaction to him moving. They moved out to LA and are coming for a visit before Christmas. I'll get Nic good THIS year. I have a skeleton that I'll put a Santa hat on and tell him the Elf on a Shelf got old waiting for Nic to return. We pull a lot of pranks on that kid!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny. I had my first encounter with Elf on the shelf in CA, went to visit my stepson and his family and then they took us to some friends of theirs and their children had totally bought into it. I have been enamored since, that was when they first came out, it has taken me this long to succumb and get one.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Maureen. Thanks for leaving your address on my blog. I think your king is magnificent and I love the colour choices.
    I'm going to work my way down the previous posts now and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Joy, I am using up a lot of odd balls of yarn I have had for years. It is a perfect project for this.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.