Friday, December 6, 2019

I succumbed

After my lamenting that I really just don't feel inclined to deck the house with Christmas things my husband and I had a chat and decided that as this may be our last Christmas in this house we should make the effort.  We decided no spending though, we would use what we had.  But, there is always a but, isn't there?  Our angel has disappeared, I couldn't find her in our Christmas totes in the workshop so I went to our localish Thrift store and got a lighted star topper for $1. It is a bit wobbly but it works.



The outside lights and big baubles went up on the front porch, even the white wire lighted reindeer made an appearance but this will be his last sadly as his lights on his head and antlers no longer work.  He has served us well over the years.

I strung the lights around the living room, hung up the sparkly stars and did some jiggery pokering and found space for the larger tree.

Elfie has been keeping a close eye on all the shenanigans and reporting back to Santa every night.  The snowman in the picture was one made by my stepson when he was little, we found it in his storage boxes after he was killed in a car crash nearly three years ago.  Although a bit worse for wear he comes out every Christmas now.

We are going to buy presents just for the children this year.  It has been a tough year financially for us and with the house sale falling through it left us a tad on the skint side.


We have lots off upcoming appointments coming up.  My husband has to have an MRI of his heart on Monday, then two days after Christmas he has to have his heart shocked (cardioversion) to try and get it back into regular rhythm to give him some short term relief.  This was supposed to be done on the 18th but they cancelled because they didn't have an anesthetist available. Then he has to go early in January for an echocardiogram chemical stress test to check for any further blockages and damage then in the middle of January he gets two ablation procedures.  Both atrial chambers are being worked on in a bid to stop the afib and the atrial flutter.  This is a four hour procedure under anaesthetic if they can get to it through his groin. They go in both sides.  If not then it will be open heart surgery.  Hoping for the former!

Then there are the usual appointments and follow ups so we will be doing a lot of travelling in the next few months.

Despite all of this we are really trying to get into the Christmas spirit this year and it is actually working.  Yay us!

Wishing the same for you all too.




4 comments:

  1. Hopefully having a bit of colour and decoration might cheer you up a little as it sounds as if you've got a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Christmas decorations may lighten the mood that's for sure. I have lights up in the living room but opted not to light the outside. Today I'll put up a small tree. I was waiting to be sure the kids are coming. I just hate to hear all that is going on with your husband. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayer and hope the easier procedure can be done.
    Merry Christmas
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds very complicated for you at the moment and I'm hoping having a few decorations around is helping (plus the knitting)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your knitted nativity grouping turned out well!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.