Saturday, December 21, 2019

My first make with the Golden Syrup

Caramel Corn!

It has been a very long time since I had made any of this.  My husband likes it, even though he shouldn't as he is diabetic, so I thought I would give it a go.

A quick google for a recipe and after the grand opening of the Lyle's golden syrup, Voila!

I have managed to bag some of it up for later.  This was only half of what I made, the other tray was quickly eaten up by us both.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I have bagged it up and put it out of sight for now. It was an indulgence to make it but it is a bit of a tradition in my husbands family for Christmas. He will eat wisely for a few days now to compensate.

      Delete
  2. I have a caramel corn recipe (somewhere) that I used to make that contains walnuts. So good, but I haven't made it in years. Enjoy yours it looks wonderful :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like it with walnuts or pecans too but now it makes my husband cough when he eats nuts so I leave them out of any baking.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.