I wish I could say it has been easy but it has not. After the nerve block wore off it has been horrible.
The amount of pain and disability has been a shock even though I knew it was going to be bad. At least now I can get in and out of bed myself and in and out of my chair and on and off the toilet. My poor husband who is not in good health at all has had to do everything. I did have the option to go into a nursing home but to be truthful I was afraid to when you hear of all the folks getting covid19 in them. It would have been much easier had the risk not been there.
I have not been able to make it upstairs to the bathroom yet for a shower. Wipes have been my best friends. My hair is horrid though and the dry shampoo isn't helping at all.
It has been a miserable time.
I know it will slowly get better and things will improve. Already there has been some.
I know in time it will be worth all the pain and discomfort.
I just needed to document how it has been and currently is.
Not looking for sympathy, it was ultimately my choice to make to get it done.
Will probably look back at this one day and think how wussy I was but for now I am allowing myself a little self pity.
Please no sympathy, snap out of it or motivational comments. I have already said all that to myself. Just allow me and forgive this self indulgence for this one time.
Hoping for more positive things to come and having undying love and thanks for my wonderful husband.
It is good to document how you feel and be able to look back on it as a marker for improvement. Take care and hope you improve quickly.
ReplyDeleteJust hugs and well wishes.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry it has been such a miserable time for you. It will get better, I am sure, and you are so positive.
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting us know how things are going.
xx