I am not a good blogger when I am not making much. I did make a couple of masks and finish the last shepherd for the nativity scene but that has been it!
My mojo has gone.
I saw my knee surgeon yesterday as my left knee has been really weak and sore for a few months now. I am scheduled for a knee replacement in just over two weeks. I was a tad surprised as I didn't know they were doing the surgeries but they are. I thought I would just get added to the waiting list.
I am glad it is getting done, my left knee doesn't have many miles left in it. He told me 18 months ago that it needed replacing but there was so much going on with my husband that it wasn't practical to get it done. I know it is going to be ghastly for a few weeks afterwards but I think long term I will be glad. I am pretty much useless right now. I can do a few tasks a day but it is very difficult.
Will keep you updated. Have to do pre op stuff and have a cat scan and a covid 19 screening test where they stick the swabby things right up into the nostrils. The nurse told me it was quite invasive but not painful. It will be good to be screened.
My thinking is that as we are social distancing right now and will continue to do so because of my husband's high risk I might as well be home recovering from the surgery when it is warm and sunny the virus should be much less active. He is not attending for hospital appointments for himself right now because of the risk. So the timing is good.
Well done with the nativity. I bet it looks nice.
ReplyDeleteAll the best with the operation. I'm surprised too, but it's all to the good.
xx
Hope all goes well, you will be in my prayers. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi Maureen. Is there a definite date for your operation? Fingers crossed that it is soon and you will be up and about in no time. Stay safe. x
ReplyDelete