Sunday, June 28, 2020

Yay me!

It is now almost 6 weeks since the surgery. The past couple of weeks have shown a lot of progress for which I am very grateful.

First thing, this week I managed to cycle forwards on the recumbent bike.  After weeks of trying, I finally made it.

The PT are happy with me, they were going to dismiss me but we talked about it and decided to wait until I saw the Doc on the 6th July, so just one visit from them next week then one after the doc visit.

I am mostly walking unaided.  I do take a stick with me if we go away from the house but in and around the house it is all unaided.

I can now get up from a chair just using my legs, no pushing up with my arms.

And the icing on the cake was this morning, whilst listening to oldies, I started to dance and was in time to the music!  Nothing drastic but definitely both legs were in action.

Most of the swelling has gone but there is still some numbness but it is usual so nothing to worry about.

I am now glad I got it done but I am certainly not considering getting the other one done any time soon lol.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, you. I'm so glad things are progressing so very well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled you are on the mend, and hope all will continue to be so. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad for you! I broke a toe nearly two weeks ago and counting the days until I can wear real shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maureen. I haven't stopped by your blog for a while so was surprised to hear of your operation. I am glad that things are starting to feel a bit easier for you. I am told that the knee is a worse operation than the hip so you have my utmost admiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, I believe I am very lucky because I haven't had the horrible experience you had and my recovery is progressing very well. I see you still have problems with your leg after the surgery. I hope it will eventually all get better for you.

      Delete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.