Sunday, June 14, 2020

26 days post surgery

Things are improving every day.  It still hurts but most of the swelling has gone down.  The scar is ugly but that too will improve with time.



The physio is getting harder but definitely helps.  The knee  bending machine is due to go back any day, just waiting on a call from them to say they are coming to get it.

We bought a recumbent bike, we had to assemble it.  I say we but my husband actually put it all together, I sat nearby and read out the instructions and passed him the nuts and bolts, he did all the hard work.  I can't do a full turn yet so I just go back and forth as far as I can. Hopefully soon I will be able to do a full rotation.



The tightness in and around the knee is easing but it has not gone away fully yet.

Friday and Saturday I felt a bit down, feel a bit better today.

I am now able to lie on both my left and right sides but it isn't comfortable enough to sleep so still sleeping on my back.

I know that I wouldn't want to go through this again but I can see that eventually I will be glad I did. Not quite there yet.

I am back to doing some chores, my husband is doing more than me still in the house plus the outside stuff. I am trying to do as much as I can to lighten his load. Each day I can do a little more.

Our dishwasher quit. What timing eh! I need to research before getting a new one because we need one that can cope with low water pressure and flow. I have taken on all the dishwashing duties and do most of the cooking now.

My husband has been an absolute trooper, I could not have gone through this without his help, love and support. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you are doing what you should be doing... all that work will be worth it!! Husbands can be pretty helpful ( mine was!) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right - you will be so glad you had it all done, even if it's hard right now. I admire the way you've handled all of this.

    What a pain about the dishwasher though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong you are doing so well with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.