Friday, July 17, 2020

8 and a bit weeks post surgery

The time since surgery has flown by.  I am surprised how quickly it has.  It was a horrible experience but the bad memories are  fading quickly and I am now glad I had the total knee replacement surgery.

There is still numbness on the knee cap and a little around it and it still swells up some days but it is certainly better now than it was before the surgery and it will continue to improve.

I can sleep on either side now and it doesn't consume me every minute of the day any more.  I still take one Aleve every morning and night and I do rub in Blue Emu cream every day.  I believe the cream has been very beneficial to the process.

As for making things:-  Well, the baby hoodie cardigan is progressing well, the back and two fronts are done and I am working on the sleeves.

My daughter has asked for another set of leather coasters for her Christmas present so that has inspired me to think about leather work again.  Right now it is too hot to work in the workshop but I checked my leather supplies.  I gave her options of what I could make.






She chose the 3rd one with the 2 rounds.  I do not have enough of the smaller rounds but I managed to find a die to cut them out on sale at Tandy leather.  Of course, after I ordered this and paid for it I found that another retailer we used to buy from supplies the pre-cut shapes.  Oh well, I now have another leather tool lol.

I love working with tooling leather and making the patterns.  She wants dragon flies and I had bought a new dragonfly stamp awhile ago so it is perfect. I already have one but the new one is more detailed.  Of course, to justify the postage for the Tandy order I bought a miniature one too.

This is the last set of coasters I made her, I have improved my skills since then.  At least I hope I have, it has been awhile since I did any leather work.



As I have plenty of time I will make 6 this time as now my grand daughters have boyfriends there are 6 of them when they all get together.

It is good to be back in the creative mindset.

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are improving with the knees. I love your leatherwork.

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.