I have had to stop with the sewing machine. I did all the things that I had seen in videos and people had advised. I did get a bit of movement but one of the metal arms inside broke in 2 places. Then I had full movement but the needle and bobbin do not work in tandem. It broke at the junction where these two processes initiate.
I am pretty distraught.
I do not have the ability to strip all the inside parts out, find a replacement part and re assemble. Other than that it would not be cost effective. So for now I have put it away upstairs until I decide whether to sell the parts or I find another one that works and I will have lots of spare parts.
Over the past few months we have been sort of prepping and in the past couple of weeks we have stepped up the pace. Not sure what the next months will bring after this election.
I have also done a bit of therapeutic knitting. A couple of Christmas tree decorations. I needed the distraction.
Doing this on tablet so if it doesn't come out very well, I apologise.

too bad about your machine... my husband commiserates too. Sometimes things are just too far gone. My distraction, knitting wise, is a baby blanket. By the time is gets big enough my hands will have had way too much !! But I like it and everyone who has seen it does too! Hope Stella and her Mother will too!
ReplyDeleteI am sure they will love it, you do such nice work. Thanks for the commiserations. I had spent a lot of time cleaning it and trying to get it unfrozen so I felt a little cheated but that's life. On to the next thing!
DeleteIt's a shame that your aren't able to fix it after spending all that time trying.
ReplyDelete