Firstly, I forgot before Christmas to post about the bowl cozies I made for my good friend and neighbour. Here they are. Never made any before and although they are pretty simple I do not really like sewing through so many layers but she loved them.
 |
| For our neighbour |
I also made a couple for us too recently, I just used scraps for ours so they are not both the same.
We also bought a newer to us vehicle as our trusty and loyal van is showing signs of wear and tear bless her.
This is the newer vehicle.
We have had some harsh cold snowy weather and it has taken a toll on the driveway and we were bringing home 5 gallon buckets of gravel to try and patch the potholes and put gravel out the front where the drive had to be dug up to fix the water pipes. As you can imagine it was taking a lot of trips back and forth so we decided to put sides and an internal tail gate on the trailer so we can haul gravel. |
| This is one scoop |
Much easier and cheaper by the scoop too! We have hauled three scoops so far. We have covered a bigger area out front now than is shown in the photo with the car and filled up some pot holes. Back for more tomorrow, we are having a day off today as it is quite tiring work for a nearly 74 year old me and my nearly 78 year old disabled hubby. But it does feel good to still be productive even if it takes us so much longer to do things these days.Finally, I finished the hoody sweater for my great grandson. There is no rush to mail it though as he will probably need to be five before it will fit him! It said for a 2 year old but whoever wrote the pattern must have big children! Oh well, one day it will fit. I really like it just a shame it came out so big.
And as they used to say in the cinema after the Saturday tanner crush matinee, 'That's it folks.' (Only people my age will understand what the tanner crush was lol).
Some lovely makes there!
ReplyDelete