Saturday, April 23, 2022

My dear husband is in the hospital

What a week it has been!  We had been trying to work on the back wall of our sunroom for weeks to replace the siding and stud wall but the weather had not been co-operating.  So we were just getting a little bit done now and then.  We cover it in house wrap in between sessions of being able to work.

I caught a cold too which didn't help.  It wasn't covid, I tested.  Then Tuesday my husband started to feel really poorly, he has been having bladder issues for awhile and it accelerated.  He had mentioned this to his doctor's appointment at the end of March and they did bloodwork and urine tests but nothing was out of wack, they said. By Tuesday afternoon my husband was in bed and very weak, then his temperature soared to nearly 104 and he couldn't sit up or stand.  I called an ambulance and they took him to the hospital where he has been ever since and no sign of getting discharged.  He has sepsis, they are treating him with antibiotics and his temperature has gone down but he is still very weak.  He does not have covid. They said the bladder infection was not the cause of it either. They can't find what the source of the infection is.

It has been very windy here and yesterday some of the house wrap blew off and a ton of wasps got into the sunroom.  I did manage to get it pinned and taped back up but the darn wasps are still in there!  A job for another day to deal with them.  I am just keeping the door into there closed for now.

My neighbour has been letting our dog Maggie out during the day while I am the hospital but this weekend I will only go for a couple of hours a day and give my neighbour a break.

So that is what is happening in my life, hopefully my next post will be better news .


5 comments:

  1. Oh Maureen. Your poor husband and poor you. You must be worried sick. I hope your hubby is soon fit and well and home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, it is very worrying because these days they never want to keep anyone in the hospital, heck they even are doing knee replacements as day surgery. This is his 6th day in there. Hope your Tony is doing OK too.

      Delete
  2. I hope your hubby is feeling better and home soon, it's scary and very tiring for you as well, so please look after yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been quite the week. Right now we have a sort of routine established where I just go visit for 3 hours or so in the afternoon. It's an hour's drive there so that takes up 5 hours. Our dog Maggie can be left that long without needing to go out so I don't have to trouble my neighbour to come let her out.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to read this - he must have felt terribly poorly. He's in the right place and I hope he is well enough to come home soon.
    Sending love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

As in the words of Thumper: If you can't say 'nuffin nice don't say 'nuffin at all.